PDP crisis: I’ve forgiven all – Bamanga

08:31 0 Comments A+ a-

chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party,
(PDP) Alhaji Bamanga Tukur responds to
questions relating to the crisis within the
party saying he has forgiven all, including
PDP governors. Excerpts:
When exactly are we having a chairman for
the party board of trustees?
Well, on the PDP Board of Trustees (BOT), it
bothers everybody, but it isn’t executive at
all. It is an advisory body: it is supposed to
be collection of people, who are custodians
of the conscience of the party, advising the
party, how to get it right when the party is
going wrong. So, it is going to come very
soon.
PDP governors have been clamoring for
NEC meeting; what is the party doing to
fulfill that constitutional requirement of
NEC every quarter?
Yes, the NEC meeting will be convened. Our
job is to follow our constitution to the
letter. Sure, the NEC will be convened. My
job is to ensure adherence to what the
party constitution says. So, there is no fear
and I have always emphasised that the
party is supreme. The party is above
everybody, from the president, down to the
councilor; they are all under that umbrella.
PDP is an institution is above governors,
president, and the chairman of the party.
There are fears that some governors may
be victimized over their role in the recent
crisis within your party..?
No, all my governors are my people. Let me
tell you, we have no intention to victimize
anybody. How can you even victimize your
people? They are all commanders on the
field. Every governor is my right
commander in the field, therefore, I want
to strengthen them and I want to help
them, no more, no less. It is just people
making stories out of nothing so that they
can talk about it. I am in good terms with
my governors, all of them; I like them to
carry everybody along in their states and to
follow my 12 point agenda.
What about the ten members of the PDP
NWC that took decision on the Adamawa
impasse, behind you, whom you described
as having betrayed you. Have you forgiven
them also?
I am a father!  Once you are looking
forward, you don’t look back again.  We are
one. We all can make mistakes.
What is your take on the ongoing merger
talks between ANPP, CPC and ACN; don’t
you see it as a threat to your party in 2015,
especially with this crisis you are having?
No, if we do the right things for the people,
after all, we didn’t stop anybody going into
any party, but today we are the party in
government.
I will continue asking people because we
have to be fair and just and fulfill what we
promised and people will follow us,
because we mean what we say and we
deliver what we promised, and we agree to
do what our people want us to do.